John Frederick Lewis, History of the Apprentices' Library of Philadelphia, 1820-1920, The Oldest Free Circulating Library in America, Philadelphia, 1924. Blue cloth with gold lettering on spine, 8vo, viii, 102 pp, uneven cut laid paper (except photo plates), about 47 illustrations, including bw photo plates and facsimiles of documents and signatures. The history of this oldest free library contains snippets of the history of early Philadelphia. Two library founders were connected with Haverford College. The library lived many years in the Free Quaker Meeting House, which belonged to an entire meeting who had been disowned by the Society of Friends for participating in the Revolution. Ex-Lib (G)/No DJ: corners worn, library markings including pocket, light fingerprint soiling on a few pages, page ends darkened at top, pp 83-88 creased.